Young Friends Network of EducationWorks – About Us
The Young Friends Network (YFN) of EducationWorks is a collective of professionals who are passionate about giving back to their communities through education and career readiness programs. YFN aims to harness the individual experiences and skills of its members to continue to advance the mission of EducationWorks: Creating Opportunities for Learning and Skills for Life.
To advocate for high quality education and support for all children and young adults in Greater Philadelphia through active networking, professional development, and collaborative thinking.
Our members are ambitious professionals, who are continuously looking for opportunities to grow and expand their reach in the community. They are passionate about their work and have a knack for finding ways to make it applicable to the world around them. Whether they are at the heights or starts of their career and life, our members are inspired and motivated by the opportunities made available by having a high-quality education and a strong network of resources and support. The YFN of EducationWorks provides an outlet for our members to be engaged with others sharing a common perspective on the value of education.
What We Do
YFN hosts a wide range of events that provide its members with opportunities to network, develop professionally, and collaborate. Events range from volunteering and outreach to happy hour and member nights out. YFN also hosts activities and programs featuring industry professionals, community stakeholders, and supporters of EducationWorks.
If you are interested in becoming a Young Friend, please contact Kristina Palmer at KPalmer@educationworks.org with “Young Friends Network” in the subject line.
• Ian Hutchison, Head Operative, Rethinc Real Estate (Chair)
• Erin McClafferty, Practice Development Director | BBD, LLP (Vice-Chair)
• Derrick Monte Carlo, Director of Business Travel Sales, Loews Philadelphia Hotel
• Holland Stimac, CFA, Vice President Relationship Manager, Wells Fargo International Group
• Richard Evans, Conversion Specialist lll at BNY Mellon
• Ben Present, Esq. Associate Attorney at Conrad O’Brien
• Jenn Tedesco, Account Manager, CTN Solutions (Event Coordinator/Social Media)
• Rachel Broder, Esq. US Federal Court
• Kim Grossman, CPA| BBD, LLP (Treasurer)
• Jessica Stein, Mastery Charter School
• J. Michael Nolan, Attorney at Jackson Lewis
• George Papanier, Partner at Crisp Insurance Advisors
• Morgan Langley, Analyst at Savills Studley
• Dwight Dunston, Asst. Director of Admission at Friends’ Central/ Musician
• Andrew Corrigan, Commercial Insurance Broker at The Graham Company